Kobalt: AWAL De-Mystifies Streaming Data for Independent Artists
Here at Hoot/Wisdom Recordings it is our every intention to showcase some of the best tools out there in the music industry. We are excited to share our newest discovery with you.
AWAL, Kobalt’s streaming label for independent artists announced the release of its new streaming data and insights tool, the AWAL App. The AWAL App offers independent artists a unique lens into their streaming performance across Apple Music and Spotify, including corresponding fan demographics, AWAL curated data-driven insights, and comprehensive royalty revenue.
The AWAL App includes:
- A wealth of data – Access to Apple Music and Spotify streaming data easily compared next to each other. Members are able to view breakdowns of streams, listeners, fan demographics, and playlist activity across both streaming services.
- Insights that drive action – Some examples include:
- Source of streaming volume (e.g. key playlists or recommendations that are driving engagement)
- Useful location, gender, age, and time of listening trends across services
- Benchmarks against similar artists and industry averages
- Playlist notifications – Alerts when songs are added to new playlists. This allows artists to act fast and share with their fans to drive future streams or connect with key playlist tastemakers.
- Financials – All of an artist’s revenue from all sources, simply displayed with 100% transparency.
Benefits of AWAL:
- Data & Insights – Real-time insights into income, audience demographics, and streaming performance.
- A Flexible Deal – Artists keep 100% of their rights. AWAL’s fee is a share of revenue. No other upfront or annual fees. Artists can opt out after 30 days.
- Dedicated Global Support – 10 offices with support in 18 different languages. Every AWAL member has access to a global support team and member-exclusive Knowledge Base for expert advice and answers to their questions.
- Benefits of a Curated Roster – We’re selective about which artists we accept. This is one of the big reasons we have such strong relationships with the streaming services. They know AWAL is about quality music, not quantity.
- Access to Additional Services – AWAL members have the potential to receive funding and additional support, as well as unique access to Kobalt’s other music services including Publishing, Recordings, and Neighboring Rights.
“AWAL helps independent artists make sense of the incredible amounts of streaming data around their music and fans,” said Troy Carter, Global Head of Creator Services, Spotify. “This is the type of innovative thinking that will shape the future of the music industry.”
The AWAL App is available to all AWAL members in countries where the Apple & Android App Stores operate, starting March 28th, 2017.
Fore more information please visit GlobeNewswire and AWAL App.